C5 is a vehicle for companies, nonprofits, and academic organizations who are interested in doing business with the Federal Government. C5 is organized under the National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993 (NCRPA). The mission of C5 is “to speed development of technologies to improve U.S. Government capabilities required to sustain U.S. military supremacy in weapon systems information technologies”. C5’s unique white paper approach allows iWorks to provide innovative and fundamental research. iWorks has been a member of C5 since June 2017.
C5 accelerates the development and deployment of new capabilities to the warfighter through the use of Other Transaction Authority (OTA). C5 gives members an innovative and commonsense acquisition mechanism for development of new technologies and products to meet government client requirements.
The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) requested that the Army establish a new OTA to address Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) and cyber-technology requirements. In response, C5 was formed.
- Converts Government contracting to commercial practices
- Open to large and small businesses
- Platform for public/private collaboration
- Flexibility in treatment of intellectual property
- Seamless transition from prototype directly into production
- Rapid acquisition – projects under $100 million can be competitively awarded quickly
- Project awards cannot be protested
- Broadens the technology base by reaching innovators not readily available to the DoD
Senior Vice President
Phone: (703) 725-7388